Ku-ring-gai has secured $300,000 in funding for a total of 15 projects under the NSW Government’s Community Building Partnership Program 2020.
Member for Ku-ring-gai, Alister Henskens SC MP, said the funds will deliver much-needed improvements to local facilities including schools, scouts and guide halls, places of worship and community sport organisations.
“This grassroots funding will directly help create a more vibrant and inclusive local community with positive social, environmental and recreational outcomes”, Mr Henskens said.
“I congratulate all the organisations that were successful in their application and look forward to seeing how these projects make a real difference for community groups in our local area.”
The full list of successful applicants in the Ku-ring-gai electorate for the 2020 round are:
- Pymble Public School P&C Association
- Turramurra North Public School P&C Association
- Waitara Public School P&C Association
- Warrawee Public School P&C Association
- Ku-ring-gai High School P&C Association
- KU Fox Valley Preschool
- South Turramurra Girl Guides
- 1st Turramurra Scouts
- 2nd Turramurra Scouts
- Killara West Pymble Rugby Union Club
- Killara Croquet Club
- Hornsby Ku-ring-gai PCYC
- Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Community Transport
- The North Shore Sikh Association Turramurra
- St Andrew’s Anglican Church Wahroonga
The Community Building Partnership program has funded more than 15,000 community projects since it commenced in 2009.
Applications for the 2021 Program will open early next year.
For more information about the NSW Government’s Community Building Partnership Program, visit www.nsw.gov.au/cbp