Plans Approved For Warrawee Station Upgrade
Work to deliver an accessibility upgrade at Warrawee Station will start by the end of this year after plans for the project were approved.
The upgrade is part of the NSW Government’s Transport Access Program, an initiative to deliver safe, modern and accessible public transport infrastructure across the state.
The accessibility upgrade will include:
- a new lift and entry points
- a canopy from the new lift to the station building on the platform
- two new accessible parking spaces on Heydon Avenue
- three new kiss and ride spaces on Warrawee Avenue, and a new kiss and ride space on Heydon Avenue
- new accessible pathways through the station precinct
- a new family accessible toilet and ambulant toilet
- a new bike shelter
- improvements to CCTV and lighting to increase safety and security.
“We are getting on with the job of honouring our election promises and making Warrawee Station accessible for all of our community,” said State Member for Ku-ring-gai, Alister Henskens SC MP.
“I would like to thank everyone who took the time to provide feedback on the plans during the consultation period. This feedback has been reviewed by our project team and responses are now available in the Determination Report on the project website.”
Site investigations and detailed design work will occur in the following months prior to construction commencing.
The recently announced accessibility upgrades at Wahroonga, Waitara, Pymble and Normanhurst Stations are also progressing. In respect of Wahroonga Station, in the next few months the Review of Environmental Factors will be displayed and, after the consideration of a range of constructive feedback that has been received, the preferred design will be submitted for public consultation.
More than $2 billion has been committed to the Transport Access Program since 2011, with more than 470 projects either completed or currently underway across NSW.
To download a copy of the Determination Report go to https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/projects/current-projects/warrawee-station-upgrade